Wednesday, September 25, 2013

The Awkward, Expensive and Amazing Experience Of Having Someone Else Clean Our House

Today was a first for me.  I did something I've never done before.  I handed over a big, fat check to two uniformed ladies I had just met and headed back to the office, leaving them to clean our house.

It was weird.

And expensive.

And AMAZING.

You see folks, about the time our actual foster parent training began two weeks ago, things started moving really, really, really fast. Hence the lack of blogging.  We suddenly had a whole lot to get done in not a whole lot of time. Throw in a big tax deadline for kicks and giggles and...it became high time to call in reinforcements.   There has been a parade of people coming through our home this week, including carpet cleaners, HVAC inspector, cleaning service rep, cleaning service superwomen and also a wonderful family that showered us with help this weekend for free.  This has freed up Trent and I to parade around getting things like a fire extinguisher, gun safe and Tuberculosis tests.  

The shine off our wood floors might blind you.

Our back bathroom's shower that we always thought was off-white colored, is actually bright white.

The miles of window blinds in our home are dust free.

In a few hours, these skilled, efficient women tackled what would have taken me days.  I will gladly pay money for that.

Moving right along...