Wednesday, November 21, 2012

I Have Two Families

A while back I was talking to someone who doesn't have the best relationship with their mother-in-law and who was looking for empathy.  I'm afraid I didn't have much to offer because I responded with "Nah, my mother-in-law and I are buds."

A few days ago I was telling someone that I had a few Christmas gift ideas for people but still needed to decide what to get for "my moms".  I thought about correcting myself to "er...my mom and mother-in-law" but left it alone.

I recently asked Trent if he had "any ideas for what to get Daddy."

Yesterday I thought to myself "I really want the next few weeks to hurry up so I can see my families for Christmas."

Then it dawned on me...

I have two families. 

Technically they are the family I was born into...

Sauer Christmas 2010

...and the family I married into.

Campering Trip July 2012

But really, nowadays, I just consider myself to have two families.  Forget the technicalities.  

What a blessing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment