Saturday, December 31, 2011

Dear Steph, Will You Be My New Year's Resolution?

Ok y'all, as you know, I was pretty thorough about new year's resolutions last year (which I will indeed finish updating on).   I don't think I'm gonna go all out this year again.  Basically I want to continue to work on those from this past year, partly because for some of them, I didn't really figure them out until the end of the year.  I have a couple personal resolutions that can remain anonymous for blog purposes.  But I do have one resolution this year that I want to really work on.

You remember my friend Steph?  Not this Steph.   (I have about 5 Stephs in my life.) This one was my college roomie, maid of honor, is a fellow CPA and her life task is to remind me to eat and breathe. She gave me my superpower, which is sleeping. (Hers is showering quickly) I also eat her purple freeze pops, could do her tax return if she wanted me too, and my last name is earlier in the alphabet, which means I technically meet her criteria for marriage.  She made me and Trent our story on canvas earlier this year. She toted me to NC for Rach and Matt's wedding extravaganza (I would have been helpless without her). And I lobbs her.




Steph only lives a mere hour and a half drive away in Dallas.   So I decided she would be my new year's resolution this year.  Don't worry, I asked permission. It went something like this via text:

Me: Dear Steph, will you be my new year's resolution?  To see each other more?  Love, Pie
Steph: Deal.  Let's start that one early. Say first week in January? :)
Me: Sounds great.

I'll be in Dallas for three days next week for work (it's the CPE time of year!) so she's gonna grab me from the hotel one evening and we'll hang out.  So that should be a good start.

There you have it. My one official new year's resolution for 2012.  Here we go, Steph.  See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment